UTL_FILE_DIR - Can I use environment var ?

From: KC <clobiekc_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 10:13:28 +0800

Hi,

[Quoted] Question: We are using Oracle 7.3.4 and I am using the UTL_FILE to output data to a file

In Oracle INIT.ORA, I added this sentence

UTL_FILE_DIR = $LOG_PATH/log

where I added a line in .cshrc file for Unix userid = oracle, this sentence

[Quoted] setenv $LOG_PATH = /users/dev

I executed the stored procedure that calls UTL_FILE.FOPEN but I got a INVALID_OPERATION exception.

It seems it doesn't recognise Environment variable $LOG_PATH. Anyone knows [Quoted] how do I make it work ?

Thanks & Rgds
Kevin Chong Received on Fri Aug 20 1999 - 04:13:28 CEST

Original text of this message