Re: Web tools to help database table creation?

From: Remco Moolenaar <remco_at_scc.nl>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 18:10:29 +0200

Farhad Farzaneh wrote:

> I'm new to Oracle (and high-power databases in general) and was curious
> what tools are available to allow users to build their own databases
> using a user-friendly graphical guis. I'm thinking of something along
> the lines of access or filemaker. I have to date used standard SQL
> programming to do this type of thing.

From the Oracle point of view, you can use Oracle Forms/Reports or you can use Oracle's WebDB. The first tool is a GUI based development tool like Access/FileMaker. The second tool is a web-based database manager, which includes the possibility to create web-based forms/reports.

To compare, the first tool is used for serious application development, the second one is used for of-the-shelf simple form/report development.

Greetings from Amsterdam,

Remco.

--
Remco Moolenaar                                   mailto:remco_at_scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases                     http://www.scc.nl/