RE: Looking for hard disk recovery utility for Oracle 8

From: Handoyo Gunadi <handoyo_g_at_MailAndNews.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 05:27:09 -0400

>===== Original Message From Manfred Mann <manfred37_at_excite.com> =====
>From what I understand about Oracle 8, that disk space is allocated as
>needed by the DBMS as the database stores more and more data. If the
>database is cleared out (e.g., the user is dropped) and the tables
>rebuilt, the space allocated for data by the DBMS is not reduced.
>
>If this is actually the case and not my misunderstanding, then I figure
>that there must be a utility for recovering some disk space. If you
>know of such a tool, I would greatly appreciated some info about it.
>
>-Manfred

Sometimes this works:
- try Storage Manager (Enterprise Manager) : under Datafile: change the File Size.
- try (under user system):
  alter database datafile '<name of datafile>' resize <size>   datafile name can be found by select * from dba_data_files;

 Create a new mailbox, or access your existing IMAP4 or  POP3 mailbox from anywhere with just a web browser.