Looking for hard disk recovery utility for Oracle 8

From: Manfred Mann <manfred37_at_excite.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 15:30:20 -0700

[Quoted] [Quoted] From what I understand about Oracle 8, that disk space is allocated as needed by the DBMS as the database stores more and more data. If the database is cleared out (e.g., the user is dropped) and the tables rebuilt, the space allocated for data by the DBMS is not reduced.

If this is actually the case and not my misunderstanding, then I figure that there must be a utility for recovering some disk space. If you know of such a tool, I would greatly appreciated some info about it.

-Manfred Received on Wed Aug 18 1999 - 00:30:20 CEST

Original text of this message