Oracle8i, Microsoft Transaction Server & VB

From: Jon Unwin <junwin_at_fdgroup.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 17:32:03 -0700

Hi.
[Quoted] [Quoted] Can anyone out there help me with this connectivity problem?

 I have a Sun Unix box with Oracle 8i running on it and a Windows NT server with MTS on it. I have a VB module that uses ADO & ODBC to connect to the Oracle database. When the VB module is under MTS the communication fails. The 'Oracle Manger for MTS Services' returns a message stating that the user [Quoted] id does not have the required access to the MTS_PROXY_INFO table and [Quoted] disconnects. When the module is not run under MTS it executes without a problem. If the user connects to the Oracle DB manually then they have access to the table but there is nothing in it. I have looked on a number of [Quoted] websites including MS and Oracle technets and support. Does anyone know why [Quoted] I can not aquire the connection or somewhere where I could find the solution [Quoted] to this problem?

Thanks for the help.
Jon.
junwin_at_fdgroup.co.uk Received on Wed Aug 18 1999 - 02:32:03 CEST

Original text of this message