Qeustion: mixed databases (was Re: URGENT! How to connect to non_Oracle DB in Developer 2000? )

From: Dirk Bellemans <Dirk.Bellemans_at_skynet.belgium>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 07:04:36 +0200

BTW, I wonder if there isn't a "distributed Oracle" version which is capable of presenting to your application the tables from other databases as if they would reside in the Oracle database. After all, I prefer a complex administration over complex programming logic...

I hope I'm clear enough: some Oracle versions can have databases on different servers which you can access through one connection. The question is: can Oracle (the RDBMS) connect to other databases and have the tables from these databases visible throught the RDBMS?

--
Dirk Bellemans
Modify email address to reply (use .be instead of .belgium)

"Phillip H" <hzl_at_optusnet.com.au> wrote:

I am building an application with Developer 2000. The application query
data on Oracle, MS Access, SQL Server and DB2. How many connections can I
have
at a single time? Can I connect to those DBs at the same time? And how?