oracle backup

From: due vu <dvu_at_cncdsl.com>
Date: 16 Aug 1999 10:22:54 PDT

 Hi.

 I am a newbie to Oracle. I like to find out some answers the following question.

What are the available backup procedures for a database running in NOARCHIVELOG mode?

What is the recovery options for a database running in NOARCHIVELOG mode?

What are the available backup procedures for a database running in ARCHIVELOG mode?

What is the recovery options a database running in ARCHIVELOG mode?

If a partial recovery is performed, using either RECOVER UNTIL TIME, RECOVER UNTIL CANCEL, or RECOVER UNTIL CHANGE, what additional procedure required to avoid recovering unwanted transactions past the point of recovery? Once performed, can these transactions ever be recovered?

thanks for your help. Received on Mon Aug 16 1999 - 19:22:54 CEST

Original text of this message