Problems with Deutch Character

From: Alessio Di Ruscio <alessio.diruscio_at_etaisdn.inet.it>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:54:51 +0200

Hallo
i've a problem with deutch character.
I've an Oracle Server 7.3.4.3.0 and an Oracle Developer 6.0 32 bit in a client with Windows 95 and another one on Windows 98 and the last one with Windows nt 4.0 Workstation.
I need to write deutch characters ( Ü, Ö and so on ) from forms60 and and make "character " reports with report server. The problem is that the cheracter "alt+154" (Ü) is registred with value 220 as UNICODE map and when i try to make reports using character report, and not bitmap, and writyng directly on the printer port I see the ascii cheracter alt+220 ( _ ). If i use Oracle forms 30 in client server Dos the character alt+154 is registred as alt+154 and print correctly. The client with this problem will convert all procedures from Forms30 to Forms60 and in database will be different values from the same characters. How can i do to print character reports? I called Oracle support but it's three weeks that i'm waiting for an answer Please HELP ME

Alessio.diruscio_at_etaisdn.inet.it Received on Mon Aug 16 1999 - 12:54:51 CEST

Original text of this message