Re: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

From: Jon <conqaaz_at_blueskyweb.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 03:35:39 GMT

[Quoted] What is TNS, and why can't manuals give straight-forward, understandable explanation? I think I know the answer ... Oracle wants to force you to purchase technical support contract.

What do I need TNS for? Does this have something to do with the listener, and the reason I can't get JDBC to work to make a connection to my database in a Java program?