incremental backups

From: <nwsread_at_cloudband.com>
Date: 15 Aug 1999 18:13:38 +0100

        Hi, i am wondering what facilities oracle has for incremental backups. This is backups only of what has changed since the previous backup so that it would happen very quickly. Instead of backing up the whole database which would take a long time.

        My reason for this question is that if we have bugs in our code where say we are updating the wrong rows, we could recover from much of our destruction by restoring from backups, and if incremental backups were possible they could be done more often then full backups.

        What would be optimal however is some type of table version control similiar to what cvs does with src files, where we could restore the table to any state depending on timestamp or user tag. Received on Sun Aug 15 1999 - 19:13:38 CEST

Original text of this message