Re: Change the default password for INTERNAL.

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 22:52:53 -0400

   You probably changed the password for sys when the database was up using an "alter user sys identified by...".  There are two password files.  The first is used by Oracle when the instance is started.  You work with this file using the password utility.  The file is useful because until the database is mounted, Oracle can't get at the password file in the database.  When you work with this first password file you set the passwords for internal and sys at the same time.
    The second password file is held in the database and this is probably the one you modified.  Here you can set the password for sys (but not internal).
Ravi Kondamuru <ravi_at_adicomw.com> wrote in message news:c24t3.772$YB3.33706_at_news1.frmt1.sfba.home.com...
Hi,

    I have been able to change the password of SYS from the default. However I have found that the alias "INTERNAL" still has the default password. Can someone help me understand how to change the password for INTERNAL.

thanks,

- Ravi.