Re: Is is possible to do this in Oracle?

From: Vsevolod Afanassiev <vafanassiev_at_westpac.com.au>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 21:17:57 +1000

  1. View: You cannot do it directly, however, you may try to use some functions (e.g. SUBSTR for VARCHAR2). For NUMBER columns use TRUNC or combination TO_NUMBER(TO_CHAR(...)).
  2. Hiding: there is a WRAP utility (on HP-UX it is $ORACLE_HOME/bin/wrap). It is described in (7.3 Docs) PL/SQL User's Guide and Reference, Appendix D. It does not work for triggers, so you'll have to create a procedure which you trigger will call.

More questions? Email to vafanassiev_at_westpac.com.au