C++ compiler version usable with Oracle 8.05 on RedHat linux

From: consult9 <bernard.delmee|_at_be.uu.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:47:16 +0200

Hi,

I intend to install Oracle 8.0.5 standard edition on RedHat6. I read the posts about the glibc patch: from my understanding,this will host a RH52/egcs 1.03 compatible runtime on RH6.

Now my question is: does that mean that all OCI/Pro*C development that I intend to do on that platform will have to use that release of the compiler?

It'd be nice to use egcs112 (or even gcc 2.95 now that it's released), for I primarily develop in C++. This is probably more a binary compatibility issue between egcs/gcc releases than an Oracle specific question, but if you have any eperience in that area, I'd be glad to know. Received on Fri Aug 13 1999 - 09:47:16 CEST

Original text of this message