Is is possible to do this in Oracle?

From: Jimmy <c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 00:27:11 -0700

[Quoted] Hello all,

    I wonder whether the below requirements can be implemented in Oracle 7.3.3. (or higher)

  1. Is it possible to specify the data type (and width) of the column in [Quoted] [Quoted] a view? I try "create view aaa (aaa number(22,6)) as select bbb from bbb" but failed.
  2. I developed triggers and PL/SQL procedures and functions in Oracle 7.3.3. I don't want to let other developers to read the PL/SQL coding
    (triggers, procedures and functions). Is it possible to "hide" this
    coding even the developers have privileges to query the dba_source view?
    [Quoted] (for example, is it possible to set up the password?)

Thanks,
Jimmy Received on Fri Aug 13 1999 - 09:27:11 CEST

Original text of this message