Re: replication manager failing

From: <sremente_at_csc.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 21:04:28 GMT

Pete/Steve
I am getting the same errors with Oracle 8.0.5 on AIX. I have tried running it as SYS as suggested with the same results. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Shirl

In article <37974499.AA82A9A_at_us.oracle.com>,   Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com> wrote:
> --------------D3215E433AB7BCFEFFABC117
>
> Steve
>
> Do it as SYS instead of SYSTEM.
>
> Pete
>
> STEVE wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I have the following problem with the replication manager wizzard.
on
> > netware 4.11 oracle 8
> >
> > I cannot get it to assign the correct rights to "repadmin", which I
> > thought was the default.
> > Here is the script whicvh i saved.
> >
> > /*-- Connection to: SYSTEM_at_ORACLE.WORLD --*/
> >
> > /*---
> >
> > Creating user 'REPADMIN' at site 'TCP_MICRO02_CN'
> >
> > ---*/
> >
> > create user REPADMIN identified by REPADMIN
> >
> > /*---
> >
> > Granting admin privileges to user 'REPADMIN' at site
'TCP_MICRO02_CN'

> [...]
> >
> > ORA-06550: line 2, column 4:
> >
> > PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_DEFER_SYS.REGISTER_PROPAGATOR' must be
> > declared
> >
> > ORA-06550: line 2, column 4:
> >
> > PL/SQL: Statement ignored
> >
> > ********/
> >
> > /*---
> >
> > Granting privileges to user 'REPADMIN'
> >
> > ---*/
> >
> > grant execute any procedure to REPADMIN
> >
> > /*---
> >
> > Granting privileges to user 'ORACLE'
> >
> > ---*/
> >
> > grant alter session to ORACLE
> >
> > /*---
> >
> > Granting privileges to user 'ORACLE'
> >
> > ---*/
> >
> > grant create cluster to ORACLE
> >
> > /*---
> >
> > Granting privileges to user 'ORACLE'
> >
> > ---*/
> >
> > grant create database link to ORACLE
> >
> > /*---
> >
> > Granting privileges to user 'ORACLE'
> >
> > ---*/
> >
> > grant create sequence to ORACLE
> >
> > /*---
> >
> > Granting privileges to user 'ORACLE'
> >
> > ---*/
> >
> > grant create session to ORACLE
> >
> > /*---
> >
> > Granting privileges to user 'ORACLE'
> >
> > ---*/
> >
> > grant create synonym to ORACLE
> >
> > /*---
> >
> > Granting privileges to user 'ORACLE'
> >
> > ---*/
> >
> > grant create table to ORACLE
> >
> > /*---
> >
> > Granting privileges to user 'ORACLE'
> >
> > ---*/
> >
> > grant create view to ORACLE
> >
> > /*---
> >
> > Granting privileges to user 'ORACLE'
> >
> > ---*/
> >
> > grant create procedure to ORACLE
> >
> > /*---
> >
> > Granting privileges to user 'ORACLE'
> >
> > ---*/
> >
> > grant create trigger to ORACLE
> >
> > /*---
> >
> > Granting privileges to user 'ORACLE'
> >
> > ---*/
> >
> > grant unlimited tablespace to ORACLE
> >
> > /*---
> >
> > Granting privileges to user 'ORACLE'
> >
> > ---*/
> >
> > grant create type to ORACLE
> >
> > /*---
> >
> > Granting privileges to user 'ORACLE'
> >
> > ---*/
> >
> > grant create any snapshot to ORACLE
> >
> > /*---
> >
> > Granting privileges to user 'ORACLE'
> >
> > ---*/
> >
> > grant alter any snapshot to ORACLE
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Pete
>
> --------------D3215E433AB7BCFEFFABC117
>
> begin:vcard
> n:Sharman;Peter
> tel;cell:+1.650.868.9969
> tel;fax:+1.650.633.1669
> tel;work:+1.650.607.0109
> x-mozilla-html:FALSE
> url:http://www.oracle.com
> org:Oracle University, Consulting and Vertical Education;Oracle
Corporation
> adr:;;500 Oracle Parkway M/S OPL-B1024;Redwood
Shores;California;94065;USA
> version:2.1
> email;internet:psharman_at_us.oracle.com
> title:Project Manager
> note;quoted-printable:=0D=0A=0D=0A **** The statements and opinions
expressed here are my **** =0D=0A **** own and do not necessarily

represent those of          **** =0D=0A **** Oracle Corporation.
                                     =20
****=0D=0A=0D=0A"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." =0D=0AKevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook =0D=0A=0D=0A"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" =0D=0ABruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA
> x-mozilla-cpt:;9200
> fn:Pete Sharman
> end:vcard
>
> --------------D3215E433AB7BCFEFFABC117--

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Aug 12 1999 - 23:04:28 CEST

Original text of this message