Re: Is is possible to do this in Oracle?

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 14:36:02 -0400

It appears that you have a misunderstanding about the nature of views. When you create a view the attributes of a column will exactly mirror that of the underlying table. What you see when you enter:

describe myview;

is only an estimation of the structure. You can't expect it to exactly reflect the real attributes.

Ken