VC++ compiler warnings

From: Walter Boggs <wboggs_at_wapa.gov>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 17:45:55 GMT

Like many, we're porting a Forms 3 app to Forms 4.5. It uses large amounts of Pro*C.

I have successfully converted all the forms and have recompiled the old DOS C code under VC++ 5, so now we have a nice DLL. It even executes - I can step through it in the VC debugger. However, I get some compiler warnings that I don't understand:

warning C4047: 'function' : 'const unsigned long *' differs in levels of indirection from 'const unsigned long '
warning C4024: 'sqlcx2t' : different types for formal and actual parameter 2

This pair of messages appears wherever sqlcx2t gets called. For the uninitiated, this call is inserted by the Pro*C precompiler, so I don't seem to have much control over it.

I notice that the embedded SQL statements that access the database do not return anything, and I wonder if the warnings are related. Can anyone help? Thanks very much.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Aug 12 1999 - 19:45:55 CEST

Original text of this message