Re: Webdb: passing value from form to package

From: <schipper_at_frg.eur.nl>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 12:54:31 GMT

unfortunately not. I don't seem to be able to define a link to a master detail form. Anyway, the second form is supposed to be displayed after the user has pushed the insert button.

I'm sure there must be a way to read the values that are entered on a form and pass them to other applications. Webdb does display a standard form with the values entered so it has to possible.

In article <37B27F68.4A942DA8_at_dde.dk>,   "M. Oberly" <mao_at_dde.dk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have not tried this, but maybe using the column's Link field in the
form's

> "Column Formatting and Validation" page would let you drive the second
> form. I have found that one really has to be sort of a "hacker" to
get
> WebDB to do some things.
>
> Regards,
> Mark
> mao_at_dde.dk
>
> schipper_at_frg.eur.nl wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have created a webdb form (for enrollment in courses). When the
user
> > has filled in the form I want to display an other master detail form
> > displaying the users details (name, telephone etc.) and all the
courses
> > he/she enrolled in so far.
> >
> > How do I pass the userid which the user has chosen in the form via a
LOV
> > to the package. The package works fine if it is called like this
(633
> > being the userid of a particular user):
> >
> > liademo.response_cursus.show(633);
> >
> > but I realy want to pass the userid that was entered on the form. I
> > tried the database column name of the field that is displayed on the
> > form (userid) but that doesn't work.
> >
> > Desiree

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Aug 12 1999 - 14:54:31 CEST

Original text of this message