Oracle SQLPlus 8.0 --Need Help

From: daniel <danielh_at_satlink.com.au>
Date: 12 Aug 1999 18:41:39 +1000

I was just wondering if I could get some help with the following syntax, The questions relate to a Relational Database assignment I am doing in my third year of a computing degree.
    [Quoted]
  1. Can you add a variable of type Number to a date variable, and then compare this to the sysdate, in order to find the out whether or not the the amount of days is greater that the sysdate????

eg. 23-Oct-1999 + 2days, should equal 25-Oct-1999. Can this type of calculation be done??

[Quoted] 2)Having trouble with the MAX function, in a SQL statement, is the correct systax as follows??

SELECT MAX(value) AS "Maximum"
FROM tablename;

[Quoted] Thanks to the person who help me out, Whoever you may be !!!! Daniel