Dropping Public Synonym

From: Ashish Parekh <asparekh_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 10:38:15 -0700

Hello ,

[Quoted] I have a problem dropping a public synonym. I have "DROP ANY SYNONYM" , "DROP PUBLIC SYNONYM" priveleges and CREATE provielges for creating public synonym.

I get the following error message when I attempt to drop the public synonym.

    ORA-00604 - error occured at recursive SQL level 1     ORA-00942 - table or view does not exist.

Also, the table exist in the database. We are using Oracle 8.0.4 on Windows NT
I get the same message in Oracle Schema Manager and SQL Plus.

I am new to Oracle.

Any help to resolve this problem will be highly appreciated.

You can directly contact me at my email address.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort.

Ashish Parekh,
Oxnard, California, USA.
Email : asparekh_at_earthlink.net Received on Wed Aug 11 1999 - 19:38:15 CEST

Original text of this message