Re: lack of quality of Oracle Tools

From: Dirk Bellemans <Dirk.Bellemans_at_skynet.belgium>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 21:17:12 +0200

Well, apparently they've made some progress, but later than Dev2K, isn't it? Anyway, since this isn't a *.advocacy group, I'll leave it to this. I prefer Dev2K to have competitors, otherwise Oracle would fall asleep ;-)

And to be really complete, there is another decent competitor: WinDev (from France). But if you've choosen Oracle as your database, I see no compelling reason for any of these competitors, unless you have existing aps and highly skilled software engineers for this particular product...

But the main stronghold -IMO- from Dev2K is PL/SQL running on all tiers...

--
Dirk Bellemans
Modify email address to reply (use .be instead of .belgium)