Oracle Forms/Menu Navigation

From: <lofftjm_at_itec.suny.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 18:05:50 GMT

I am running into a problem converting menus/forms from SQL*Forms to Forms 4.5. In SQL*Forms when a user navigates through a main menu and then a sub-menu to select a form, when they exit the form they are returned to the sub-menu that called the form. In Forms 4.5 this is not true, they are returned to the main menu. On NT this is a bug that there is a patch/workaround for, but the patch was never ported to OpenVMS, where we run our character based forms.

We were told by Oracle that it may be possible to use the REPLACE_MENU function. However when we do this with PL/SQL code like:

   replace_menu('user:[davisj]ca_main',FULL_SCREEN,'ca_pros');    open_form('ca_lib_contacts');

the submenu menu gets displayed but the open_form statement never seems to be executed.

If anyone has a workaround for this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
lofftjm_at_itec.suny.edu

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Aug 10 1999 - 20:05:50 CEST

Original text of this message