Precompiler foreign function call in Form

From: Zhao Fu <scip6125_at_leonis.nus.edu.sg>
Date: 10 Aug 1999 15:12:24 GMT

I am trying to call a Pro*C foreign function through the PL/SQL interface in Oracle Forms45. The working platform is Sun Solaris 2.6, the version of the Oracle server is 8.0.3.

I compiled the Pro*C function into *.so, so I can call it in my PL/SQL interface. Firstly, I test the foreign function on a normal C function, it worked very well.

[Quoted] But when I call the Pro*C function, I got an connection error. It seems that I cannot connect to the Oracle database. Later, I read from the manual of "User Exit", it says "You do not need to perform an explicit CONNECT in an Oracle Precompiler foreign function because Oracle Forms establishes the connection automatically." So, I remove the connection code from my Pro*C function, then I got an Oracle error, the error type was not specified in the output. As this error occurs at the first SQL command in my Pro*C code, I suspect it is due to connection problem.

Please advice if you have any idea of this problem.

Thank you,
Zhao Fu Received on Tue Aug 10 1999 - 17:12:24 CEST

Original text of this message