Re: NEED HELP WITH "DATE" FORMAT

From: Keith Midkiff <kmidkiff_at_mail.msy.bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 05:59:20 -0500

Azam,

This reply may be too late to help with current project, but may be able to help with next time. I'll assume SQL*Loader as method of loading external source material.

Try using a to_date() function in your load and define the date with format 'YY'. This will default the century to current value of sysdate. You can get more elaborate and use decode() to test for year value and determine which century based on what ever rule (ie, 70/30) you want.

Give Eddie a Hi!.

Good luck.

Keith Midkiff