Re: webdb - form and report design

From: M. Oberly <mao_at_dde.dk>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 11:48:48 +0200

Hello,

I am developing a WebDB application and I have done Update/Delete forms and various reports, both with thr Query Wizard and based on SQL queries.

As to Update/Delete forms, I use a frame driver to control these. The frame driver generates a two-column result set, the first column contains a list of hypertext links that is visible to the user, the second column contains a list of corresponding URLs. Each URL contains the URL link to the form and an argument value that is either the rowid or the alt_rowid for the table that the form accesses. The alt_rowid is specified in the form on the Form Options page. Other argument values may also be specified. They must satisfy the form's calling sequence as shown in the form's Manage / Show Call Interface page. If the, for instance, alt_rowid argument value is present in the table in the column the form specifies as the alt_rowid, then the form displays the buttons for Update / Delete. If the value is not present, then you get the Insert button.

As to report paramaters, I don't know of any way to limit the condition list for an individual report.