Re: Using DML in F45 triggers.

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 05:53:58 GMT

In article <37AEF4E4.DFBD16D0_at_burton-college.ac.uk>, Martyn Dissington <mdiss2bu_at_burton-college.ac.uk> wrote:
>I would like to be able to INSERT data into a table from a trigger (or
>program unit). The table does not have a base table block, i just want
>to insert some data into a totally separate table from the ones my form
>is using.
>
>I've stuck an insert command into my trigger and i get no errors, but
>the data does not get inserted! I tried putting a commit after it, but
>it tries a 'commit_form' which doesn't work!

You can use Forms_DDL('Commit'); But beware! That will commit any posted changes from your form, and also unlock locked rows, but your form's automatic processing will not be aware of it.

You should not insert the rows until your form is ready to commit everything. If it reports "No changes to save", you can set :System.Message_Level to 5 temporarily.

Steve Cosner
http://members.aol.com/stevec5088 Received on Tue Aug 10 1999 - 07:53:58 CEST

Original text of this message