Re: URGENT! How to implement dynamic table in Forms 4.5?

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 05:45:40 GMT

[Quoted] In article <7omqus$bvo$1_at_news1.mpx.com.au>, Phillip H <hzl_at_optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>I want to display a table field with Forms 4.5. The content of the table
>field is dynamic. The number of column and what's for the columns depend on
>dynamic SELECT statement. Could someone tell me how to do it? Do you have a
>sample code for it?
>
>I am wondering if there is not way to do it with Forms4.5, because nobody
>responds to my first mail. Please let me know if it's the case.

Yes, there is a way. But it takes lots of time and coding. You would have to use Oracle's DBMS_SQL dynamic SQL package and quite a bit of your own parsing of the select statement to determine the types of columns returned.

I've written something similar, a dynamic utility form that will display and update practically any Oracle table. But it does not start from a select statement. You can read about it and download the fmx from my website and give it a try.

Steve Cosner
http://members.aol.com/stevec5088 Received on Tue Aug 10 1999 - 07:45:40 CEST

Original text of this message