Re: Reports 6.0

From: <rajini_1000_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 14:59:43 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] My problem is that i want to order the group item in a custom order using decode function.

ie, the group fields should be ordered in the following order. EMP
TRA
SER etc which does not follow ASC or DESC.

Any work around???
-Rajini

In article <yj1r3.85411$eF3.28323_at_news.rdc1.nj.home.com>,   "Paul Dorsey" <pdorsey_at_dulcian.com> wrote:
> >** ORDERING NOT POSSIBLE ON GROUP FIELDS in Reports 6.0 **
> Of course it is...
>
> Breaks are handled client side so your order by will have no effect on
break
> groups. Order by will only effect the lowest detail level.
> To order your break groups on columns in the break group set the
property of
> the items in the group to ascending or descending.
> Reports will order by each break column ascending or descending in the
order
> that the item is placed in the group.
>
> --
> Paul Dorsey
> Dulcian, Inc.
> www.dulcian.com
> 212 595 7223
> rajini_1000_at_my-deja.com wrote in message
<7ofl59$sec$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Aug 09 1999 - 16:59:43 CEST

Original text of this message