Re: need help accessing Oracle 8.1.5 from C

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 09:08:00 +0200

Hi Greg,

You have three choices (ranked from high-level to low-level)

1 Oracle for Objects for Ole (OO4O). This product accesses Oracle in a VB/Access like manner. This product is in the standard kit, and works with VB and Visual C++.
If you don't have the docs, they are online on technet.oracle.com. You'll need to subscribe (free).
2 Pro*C. This is essentially a pre-compiler and will replace the Pro*C calls with 'ordinary' C
3 Using OCI (Oracle Call Interface)
Product 2 and 3 are also in the standard kit and their docs are online at technet.oracle.com

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA