Re: Oracle forms and OLE/COM

From: Dirk Bellemans <Dirk.Bellemans_at_skynet.belgium>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 10:33:00 +0200

Pierpaolo Pirovano wrote in message <931943475.158761_at_tango.comm2000.it>...
>Can I call a custom tcp server (on NT Server 4.0) from Oracle forms? Whitch
>version of forms?

Don't know

>Which version of Oracle form is compatible with MS Ole/Com object (32 bit)?
>And is form2000 compatible with ole/com?

At least version 5.0 is. How to use COM from inside Forms is explained in the book from Albert Lulushi "Oracle Developer/2000 Forms", published by Prentice Hall, ISBN 0-13-949033-7. http://www.phptr.com/ for more info on the book.

However, you'll have a hard time finding out how to use Microsoft Office applications trough COM. The only book I know that does give you a usable hint is written for MFC programmers (other books are for Windows SDK -yeach!-, ATL or VB programmers...) The author is "Julian Templeman", the title "Beginning MFC COM programming" and the publisher is wrox http://www.wrox.com/ for references on the book. Elas, if you can't read C++ (and some MFC), I have no leads for you.

--
Dirk Bellemans
Modify email address to reply (use .be instead of .belgium)