ora-02005

From: Joet Singh <jsingh_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 16:03:07 -0500

I am getting the following error on a long datatype column. I do not understand what it is saying or how to fix the problem. I can insert roughly 2000 characters in a field for this long datatype and if the insert is too long i get the following error:

ORA-02005 implicit (-1) length not valid for this bind or define datatype Cause: A negative length for the define variable was passed to a define function.
Action: An explicit, non-negative, length parameter must be passed.

Any ideas how to fix this? I trying to insert text in a long datatype field via webdb, if that makes a difference. I am running oracle 8i and webdb 2.0. Received on Fri Aug 06 1999 - 23:03:07 CEST

Original text of this message