can i run a stored procedure from Reports?

From: bmlam <bmlam_at_online.de>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 22:49:40 +0200

[Quoted] [Quoted] Since the figures I have to calculate require pretty complex calculation, I wrote a stored procedure in PL/SQL to compute the figures [Quoted] and store them in a table . Then I create a query with Reports to get the data in the report sheet . Now the point is we want to run the calculating procedure (1) immediately before the report is run (2).

I know I can do it with a script to synchronize the 2 tasks. But a better way would be to imbed step 2 in the report itself, sort of in one [Quoted] of the report trigger. The trouble is you can not issue "execute calcuation_procedure;" in the trigger.

So is there a solution to this?

Thanks Received on Fri Aug 06 1999 - 22:49:40 CEST

Original text of this message