Forms 4.5: Order by form item

From: Karen Webster <kevkar_at_iafrica.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 17:49:45 +0200

[Quoted] I have a master detail form and need to sort the detail records based on a form display item which is populated in a post-query trigger. In fact I need to sort on 4 items (3 of which are base table items, 1 is a display item).

Forms 4.5 online help states
ORDER BY Clause can reference the following objects:
* columns in the block's base table (except LONG columns)

  • form items (:block_name.item_name) Copyright (c) 1994, Oracle Corporation.

SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY(block_name, property, value); Copyright (c) 1994, Oracle Corporation.

Well I've tried using the following in a post-query trigger, after populating the display items, but to no avail!! SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('DS', ORDER_BY, 'SORT_COL'); or SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('DS', ORDER_BY, :DS.SORT_COL); and other variations ....

Some background:
My user has created his own logic for sorting which necessitated populating a dummy table and sorting against this! See examples of data below:

  1 select * from dummy
  2* order by sort_col
SQL> / SORT_COL USER_DATA (A is the oldest version of a document, 4 the most recent )

----------             ------
         1             A
         2             B
         3             0
         4             1A
         5             1B
         6             2
         7             3
         8             3A
         9             3B
        10             4

11 rows selected.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Received on Fri Aug 06 1999 - 17:49:45 CEST

Original text of this message