Re: Deploying a Dev2k application

From: Peter Hewson <phew_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 22:18:41 +0800

Hi Peter,

Have you looked at Project Builder (part of Dev2.1) yet? There is an option in Project Builder to deploy using either zipped files or using Oracle Installer. I have used the Deploy utilities on the Dev1.6 CD to create an Oracle Installer "product install" for a previous project and it works well (a bit tricky to get working initially). Because it is based on "structured" text files eg. *.MAP etc, it's a bit fragile, but I found that when the instructions provided were followed correctly, it worked. I intend to use the Project Builder option for the current project, and expect that it will be easier now that all the "deliverable items" are defined inside the "project".

Hope this helps,

Peter Hewson
phew_at_ozemail.com.au