Form Dev & Lists value

From: Daniel Lisiecki <lisu_at_venus.wmid.amu.edu.pl>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 11:55:59 GMT

Hi

My problem is how to set an initial value of combo box. My form sets user properties stored in database (how to sort values, filter, e.t.c.) Each of those user properties has a set of valid values, so I decided to use a combo box to simplify the use of this form. When user runs this form I get current properties from DB.
My program does the folowing:
1) creates 3 lists with set of acceptable values one for each of user properties
2) gets 1 record of properties from database 3) must set an initial value of any list (when the list is created the entry field of list is empty 'till when user choose one of elements of list).  To recognize this initial value I use this record fetched in 2) step, but I don't know how to fill entry field of combo box programaticaly at runtime. (This entry field cannot be leaved empty, because user must see his current preferences)!

Thanks for any response!!!

Daniel Lisiecki,
Poznan, Poland
lisu_at_venus.wmid.amu.edu.pl Received on Fri Aug 06 1999 - 13:55:59 CEST

Original text of this message