Oracle8i Lite install problem

From: Olivier Davant <davant_at_homsys.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 13:32:44 +0200

I haven't managed to install message gateway : i received an error message : 'Message Gateway requires RDBMS version 7.3 (any) or
8.0.4.'

I use Oracle8i Lite 4.0.0.1.0, Oracle8i Enterprise Edition 8.1.5 and Oracle Enterprise Manager 2.0.4 (on windows nt).

I have found something on the release notes about it, but it doesn't help me a lot :

  • For Oracle Mobile Agents versions 1.X and 2.X, the Oracle RDBMS was bundled with the product and included on the media. In this release, the RDBMS is not included on the media and must be installed separately.
          NOTE: Please be sure to install the database BEFORE installing
          Oracle Mobile Agents V3.  Step 1 of the "Select and Configure
          the Starter Database" section from the Administrator's Guide
          (pages 2-7 and 2-8) is no longer required.  You will need to
          know the "internal" account password for the database before
          installing Oracle Mobile Agents V3.

Any idea would be welcomed and greatly appreciated ! Received on Fri Aug 06 1999 - 13:32:44 CEST

Original text of this message