Re: specifying rollback space w/SQLLDR

From: Thierry Poels <Thierry.Poels_at_vab.be>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 10:56:54 +0200

Hi,

Since Oracle V7.x Oracle allows you to specify an optimal size for your rollback segments. Rollback segments will shrink back to their optimal size if the needed to grow before. So if you set it up correctly EVERY rollback segment can become very large, but will shrink back to normal size after usage.

hope you're not running Oracle V6 anymore ;)

greetings,
Thierry Poels
Oracle DBA & HP-UX sysadmin