Re: combo problem

From: Daniel Lisiecki <lisu_at_venus.wmid.amu.edu.pl>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 09:56:48 GMT

Andrea Colzi <mt_at_multidatagroup.it> wrote in message news:7o8uuv$msf$1_at_fe2.cs.interbusiness.it...
> I have a stupid problem with a combo box. I'm trying to fill the elements
of
> the list with the result of a query.
> I see that I can't use a record group but I must create one at runtime and
> did it.
>
> I've used the populate list command but doesn't work f(FRM-41337)
>
> I've opened a cursor, fetched every single record and used the
> add_list_elemet proc but doesn't work (FRM-41330)
>
> What should I do? How must I fill the list item (otherwhise the compile
> fails) if then I have to clear the list and fill it with my data? What
kind
> of property must I set to the list item?
>
> I think it should be simple if only I know.........
>
> andrea

DECLARE
 rg_name varchar2(20):='kto_rg';
 rg_id RecordGroup;
 item_id Item := Find_Item('UZYTKOWNIK.OPIS');  error Number;
BEGIN
  rg_id:=Find_Group(rg_name);
  if Id_Null(rg_id) then
    rg_id:=Create_Group_From_Query (rg_name,

     'select u.opis,opis from uzytkownik u order by u.opis',
     FORM_SCOPE,
     20);

  end if;
  error:=Populate_Group(rg_id);
  Populate_List(item_id,rg_id);

END; Received on Wed Aug 04 1999 - 11:56:48 CEST

Original text of this message