OAS Cartridge Security

From: Jack Silvia <jsilvia_at_amaltd.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 12:21:58 -0400

I'm running OAS 4.0.7 on an NT 4.0 SP/4 using it as the platform for a web based application developed using Designer 6.0. I followed the OAS Administrator/Security manual in installing basic security for the PL/SQL cartridge running the application. Even after a complete re-boot of OAS, the web pages connect without requesting a user login. Is there something hidden in OAS 4.0.7 or its relationship with Designer 6.0 generated web pages that might be causing security to be bypassed? As an aside, an invocation of the application server manager invokes security, but my application gets right in without it.

Thanks
Jack Received on Wed Aug 04 1999 - 18:21:58 CEST

Original text of this message