Form default value from argument (Re: WebDb - automatic Sequence generator)

From: <psalmu_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 20:07:30 GMT

In article <7o6gic$2gf6_at_drn.newsguy.com>,   Lennart.Nilsson_at_capgemini.se wrote:
> >I have created a object to generate sequence in webdb 2.0. Now the
> >question: How do I get a field to automatically populate with this
sequence
> >number? I have tried triger and pl/sql statement "before
displaying page"
> >but to no avail. When I do try to set a pl/sql statement "before
display
> >page" I get following error WWV-01817. Any suggestions?
> >

> Hello!
> I solved it like this:
> When editing the form, in "Column Formatting and Validation"
> Choose current parameter and in field
> Default value: #brep_seq.nextval
>
> It's also working with #sysdate and #user.

A little off topic, but here's a trick: you can call a form with any argument that doesn't have to be defined anywhere, like my_proto.my_form.show?p_arg_names=p_my_par&p_arg_values=125 and use it as default value with this built-in function: #WEBDB.wwv_name_value.get_string(l_arg_names, l_arg_values, 'p_my_par') ...default value would be 125.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
[Quoted] Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Aug 03 1999 - 22:07:30 CEST

Original text of this message