Forms 4.5: Cancelling Query Programmatically

From: Martyn Dissington <mdiss2bu_at_mail.burton-college.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 15:17:01 +0100

[Quoted] I have two blocks, each on their own canvas. Each has a button that navigates to the other block through a when-button-pressed trigger. Both are used solely for querying up data so are set to Enter-Query mode when entering either block. I am having great difficulty in making a smooth transition between the two blocks.

The code that navigates between the blocks looks like this:

BEGIN
   IF :System.Mode = 'NORMAL' THEN

        GO_ITEM('block.item');
   ELSE

	Exit_Form;
	GO_ITEM('block.item');

   END IF;
END; But if i click on the button in enter-query mode the message line states 'Query Cancelled.' but the focus remains in the current block. If I press the button again it will then go to the other block. Does Exit_Form stop execution of the rest of the trigger? Please help!

Could any replies be CC'd to
< mdiss2bu_at_burton-college.ac.uk >

thanks in advance,

Martyn. Received on Tue Aug 03 1999 - 16:17:01 CEST

Original text of this message