Re: Forms 4.5 - flag record as updated

From: Darren John Capper <darren.capper_at_preci-spark.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 13:57:41 +0100

Karen,

Forms help states that the pre-update trigger 'Fires during the Post and Commit Transactions process, before a row is updated. It fires once for each record that is marked for update.'

For all of your detail records to have a 'P' in them means that somehow each record within the block has been updated or at least Forms thinks it has.

Maybe you need to look at any post-query processing that you do? I.e. if your post-query sets an indicator or populates a non database item then the record would be marked as changed and not query causing the pre-update trigger to fire for each reocrd.. If this is the case then simply enter this line after your post-query processing:
set_record_property(get_block_property('block_name',current_record'),'block_name', status, query_status);

Well it's an idea at least ;)

Regards,
Darren