Re: WebDb - automatic Sequence generator

From: <Lennart.Nilsson_at_capgemini.se>
Date: 3 Aug 1999 03:33:48 -0700

In article <qZ0p3.624$3X5.7493_at_insync>, "Joet says...

>I have created a object to generate sequence in webdb 2.0. Now the
>question: How do I get a field to automatically populate with this sequence
>number? I have tried triger and pl/sql statement "before displaying page"
>but to no avail. When I do try to set a pl/sql statement "before display
>page" I get following error WWV-01817. Any suggestions?

Hello!
I solved it like this:
[Quoted] When editing the form, in "Column Formatting and Validation" Choose current parameter and in field
Default value: #brep_seq.nextval

It's also working with #sysdate and #user.

Every time the form is started next value of the sequence shows up. Hope this help you.

regards
Lennnart Received on Tue Aug 03 1999 - 12:33:48 CEST

Original text of this message