JDeveloper 2.0 (NT) windows greyed out problem. serious bug?

From: Russ Welti <russ_at_welti.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 13:28:59 +0100

Just downloaded and installed JDeveloper 2.0.

First impression: something seriously wrong here.

I have 128 MB on this NT 4.0 SP5 (333MHZ) box. Display is set to 256 colors.

When only running JDev., the windows always appear greyed out (actually orangish brown).
The buttons and lists etc. do function normally. When I drag other windows in front of JDev., and then away, sometimes they will appear normal.

Just passing the mouse over certain parts of the windows leaves a grey/brown trail behind.

What's up?? Anyone else see this behaviour? I have searched Usenet archives with no
mention.

Not a confident feeling.

IBM VisualAge for Java has so far been a really excellent and reliable environment for me, but since I just bought Oracle 8i, wanted to see what Oracle had going up against IBM and other IDE vendors. I realize JDev is actually JBuilder (Borland).

Note: Netscape 4.5 is always running along with JDev., as it is used for online help and tutorials, etc. Could this be the problem? [But I use it same way for IBM's VA with no problems]

Thanks
Russ Welti
rwelti_at_u.washington.edu Received on Mon Aug 02 1999 - 14:28:59 CEST

Original text of this message