Graphics Question - changing bar labels dynamically

From: Martin Hoerchner <Martin_at_mhoerch.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 19:45:16 +0100

Changing Bar Labels in Graphics Dynamically

I've got a problem in Oracle Graphics that should be quite simple, but the documentation and even tech support aren't very helpful. In this case it's version 6, but it shouldn't be too different in other versions.

Say you create a graph based on something like "select e.emp_no, c.commission, percent_of_total from commissions c, employees e where e.emp_no = c.emp_no" where percent_of_total is a calculation. The x labels would be the sales staff's names, and the y labels would be the commissions.

In version 6, you would go Field Templates - Axis Field - Plot Type and check both "Bar" and "Label" to display the name as the x tick label, with the amount of commission - i.e. the corresponding y value - displayed above the bar. This isn't the same as x tick labels, obviously.

What I want to do is suppress the percent_of_total bar, and display the percent_of_total numeric label above the bar instead of the commission amount. I can't seem to find a way to do it. I need to be able to both reference the percent_of_total label, and change the commission label to percent_of_total.

Any suggestions, anyone?

Martin Hoerchner Received on Mon Aug 02 1999 - 20:45:16 CEST

Original text of this message