Re: Sending Query SQL Programmatically

From: Neville Sweet <sweet.neville.nj_at_bhp.com.au.no_junk_email>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 14:54:13 +1000

Hi,

The problem is that you are not in enter-query mode when assigning the item. The statements after Enter_Query won't be executed until enter-query mode is terminated. To terminate enter-query mode, you must issue either Execute_Query or Exit_Form (which is 'cancel query' in this mode).

Instead set the item in a Pre-Query trigger. If there are no other parameters to be entered by the user, issue Do-Key('execute_query') instead of enter-query, ie. - change focus to the block to be queried (Go_Block) - execute_query (Pre-Query then fires and sets a value in the text box)