COM-Gen 2000 Build 153 released. Vb AddIn creates data objects!

From: Dave V. <dversch_at_intac.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 17:48:03 GMT

Hi everyone,

        Just a note to let you know that as of 7:30 AM Eastern, on July 31, 1999, we released build 153 of the COM-Gen 2000 beta. It's available now for free at our web site at http://www.q-d.com . We have again done a considerable amount of testing and, with the help of our beta testers, things are moving along very well. We still expect to have a final release ready by mid-August. Changes for Build 153 are described below.

        For those unfamiliar with COM-Gen 2000, it's a VB6 Add-in that allows you, as a VB Developer, to cut up to 90% off your development time and create all of your data objects in a matter of seconds. COM-Gen 2000 reads from the most popular ODBC databases and generates the classes, properties, methods, and supporting SQL and VB code necessary to insert, update, delete, and retrieve records from any table therein. It also generates error handling code.

Build 153 contains the following fixes and changes:

  • Provided tighter integration with VB6 IDE so that when generating files for a currently loaded project, it is no longer necessary to reload the project to see the results.
  • Fixed bug which caused generated SQL code containing date/time fields not to execute properly for various DBMS types.
  • Fixed bug that erroneously allowed user to choose to add generated files to an existing project and continue on without specifying which project.
  • Fix bug that caused SQL code in generated Update() procedure not to execute properly due to stray comma.
  • Removed scripting object from project.

Thanks again to you all for all your support, and don't forget to subscribe to both of our mailing lists:

COMGen2000_at_onelist.com - This list is allows subscribers to exchange questions, opinions, and ideas regarding COM-Gen 2000 and related issues. This list is open to users and potential users of COM-Gen 2000. You can subscribe to this list here: http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/COMGen2000

COMGen2000Status_at_onelist.com - This list is for announcements only. (You can not post messages to this list.) We will provide subscribers to this list with updates and important info regarding COM-Gen 2000 as it occurs. You can subscribe to this list here:
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/COMGen2000Status

Thanks,
Dave V. Received on Sat Jul 31 1999 - 19:48:03 CEST

Original text of this message