Re: MySQL to Oracle on Unix

From: Susanne Bagl <susanne.bagl_at_teleweb.at>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 15:47:53 GMT

Henry,

export your MySQL-tables to flat files and load them into Oracle with the Oracle*Loader. On NT I would use the Data Manager which is part of the Enterprise Manager, unfortunately I never worked on a Sun Box, but I'm sure there is an appropriate programme (something like sqlload.exe):

  1. Create the tables in Oracle
  2. Create a ctl-File which controls the upload of your data Look in your documentation, it should be something like

    LOAD DATA
    INFILE 'your_flat_file'
    INSERT
    INTO TABLE your_oracle_table
    FIELDS DELIMITED BY ";" (optionally)     (field1,

     field2,
     x,
     x,
     x)

3. Load the data with Loader (use help for parameters) 4. Check log-File (same name and directory than your ctl-File) for errors.

The loader works normally very fast and is part of the database.

Bye

Susanne

Henry F. Clarius schrieb in Nachricht <37A18756.169B4968_at_idsonline.com>...