Re: Designer 6.0 Pre-Production User Logins

From: Jack Silvia <jsilvia_at_amaltd.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 09:46:48 -0400

Frank van Bortel wrote:

>> I have a running repository for Designer 6.0 [snip]
>> This seems to imply that only the repository owner can log into
>> Designer, [snip]
>
> A user cannot create or maintain an application - a manager must do
> that,
> and grant access to an application. The error message could be better?
>
> Either make the user a manager, or create a manager, setup an
> application system,
> and grant access to the user. I have no problem with my version

Frank,

Doesn't matter if I create the user as a vanilla user or a manager. The user is duly recorded in the repository but cannot log into it. If I create a new repository for the user, than nothing in the original repository is available to them. I didn't have this problem with older versions of Designer so I suspect this is some aberation in the 6.0 pre-production release?

Jack Received on Fri Jul 30 1999 - 15:46:48 CEST

Original text of this message