How do I find what was selected from a poplist?

From: Donna M. Forosisky <frisk_at_enter.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 12:26:40 -0400

[Quoted] "Donna M. Forosisky" wrote:

I'm thinking I didn't convey my request properly so I'll try again :

I've created a poplist based on a dynamic record group. When the user selects an item from the poplist drop-down box, I want to know what item they've selected.

I tried this :

     vNewReason := :Reason.Reason_Drop_Down;

Where Reason is the block and Reason_Drop_Down is the name of the item in the block (the poplist)

and this returned the selected value the majority of the time. But if I went back & reselected, the value in vNewReason wouldn't always be set correctly.

Because this isn't always working, I am thinking that I need to evaluate the value in another way (perhaps using the get_group_xxxx functions?) Is this correct?

I'm using Forms 4.5, Developer 2000 1.somethingorother for Windows on a Win95 workstation against an Oracle 7.1.5.2.3 database.

Thank you.

Donna Received on Thu Jul 29 1999 - 18:26:40 CEST

Original text of this message